A thought for Cincy

All,
    I did something this weekend that I hadn't done in a while... ok
get your minds out of the gutter.  I puttered around the car a little
but that's not what this is about.

I donated platelets.

Statistically speaking more than half of us will be touched by cancer
in one form or another.  Either personally or via someone close to us.
 Platelets as you all surely know are critical to the survival of
someone that is battling cancer.

My point is that you hear of other clubs and organizations doing
community involvement kinda things... You know like Hells Angels
reading to kindergarteners or was that sponsoring an addict?  ;)  I
forget.

Granted time is very limited on THE weekend, but not all of us drink
or autocross.  It takes about an hour to donate platelets.  It would
be good PR if a group of us donated in the .org name.

Just a thought.  I donated for years, mainly because both of my
parents fought cancer and lost.  I couldn't do hospice but this is a
step in that direction.  After I lived in Italy I had to give it a
couple of years, but I started up again this weekend.

I pretty much expect everyone to say F' that, but if you didn't know
they put the blood through a centrifuge, extract the platelets and put
the whole blood back in your body.  It's safe to do every three days
or so and doesn't have any of the negative effects donating a pint
does.  (dizzyness and such) There's one needle (10 years ago you had
one in each arm.) and I usually sit there with a laptop on my lap or a
book.  Do the spockcasa thing... chill, relax, chillax.

Even if time doesn't permit I highly encourage you to donate wherever home is.

Hell I may even need blood in the emergency room if the "Northern
Delegation" is holding a grudge.  (I swear to God I was kidding you
guys.)

I know... not the reason for going, off topic, yea yea yea...

Chris