tranny end cap

I got the tranny rebuilt. its a ACD tranny. I had a 16v 020 tranny and it
had a broken 3rd gear and wasn't worth fixing. so I took the quaife out of
the 16v tranny and put it in the ACD tranny. I also had 5th gear replaced
from the 16v tranny into the 8v tranny.

Well today I was driving to PA to get my car dyno tuned and the tranny
started making rattling sounds when I pushed on the gas. It would make the
noise then some times go away. well went into 4th gear and shifted back into
5th and nothing was there. would just rattle badly. also the shifter froze
(got very hard to move)when I put it in 5th gear. I have 1-4 gear fine just
no 5th gear and a lot of rattling in the tranny. tranny has about 120 miles
on it since it was rebuilt. I installed it 2 days ago. I also added 2 quarts
of redline Mt-90 in when I installed it.
Here is what ron sent me to do:
It could be just about anything, you'll have to pop the end cap off to have
a look.If you are sure it had fluid, you can rule the gear burning up on the
bearing out. When replacing 5th, did you use a new circlip and 5th bolt, and
was the bolt properly torqued?   Somethings gone south on 5th, based on the
difficulty in shifting and the noise.

So I have to remove the whole end case of the tranny.