From no-start to weird fuel problems

Today was another car-related day.  Figured if the car would start, I would
install the stereo I purchased for her yesterday (it has an iPod jack, AUX
jack for those with other MP3 players, and a USB jack for those of us with
external music harddrives, GOODNESS).

So, I went to the local mart and bought 7 gallons of hi-octane.  Started
putting fuel in, and ended up with LOTS on the floor of the barn.  After I
calmed down and talked to Dan Snow, I figured out I REALLY over-filled her.

In order to avoid any accidental fires, my son and I pushed the car out of
the barn.  Knowing that I have a bit of bad fuel to finish forcing out, I
went about trying to start the car for about 2 minutes.  She is trying, but
not quite ignition.

On the last attempt, I hear a pop-whoosh sound and see a small whitish cloud
in the engine area (I have the hood open).  I jump out and notice a small
amount of smoke coming out of the T-fitting that comes out of the Intake air
distributor.  Yank the battery and yell for the kid to help me push her
farther into the meadow (no need to take out the building when the 10
gallons of fuel ignite in a firey ball).

It smoked out of the T for about 4 minutes.  Looks like it was sort-of blown
loose.  Huh?  Also, I happened to have a large piece of cardboard under the
car and some gross black gas-smelling liquid is on it now.

So, should I be more concerned than I am (the fire extinguisher is near)?
Is this part of forcing the bad fuel out?  I really thought the car was
going to start that last time.

Thanks!
Lexan
'82 8V