No-Start Saga

Today is the first day in over a week I have felt like looking the car in
the eyes after wrenching my back and having to visit the chiropractor on
Wed.  I had installed the newest starter a week ago, but was dreading trying
to start the car in case I was wrong (remember, the new starter disengaged,
but the motor kept running).

So, today is car and garden day.  I have told everyone NO who has asked for
help or a bit of my time.  The clothes are on the line and the time of
reckoning is here.  Hooked up the battery and jumped behind the wheel.  A
sort-of start and the starter disengaged and turned off.  WOOHOO (as Cathy
would say)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Today is progress!  Now I feel a little more
motivated.

Presently charging the battery (I still have some mystery item that drains
the battery when it is hooked up but everything is off), and then we will
try again.  I may even change the oil today (the oil is good, but I bought
some of the expensive high-mileage stuff).  If all goes well, a new radio
may be purcahsed and installed.  But I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

Will keep you posted!
Lexan

Rates near 39yr lows!  $430K Loan for $1,399/mo - Paying Too Much? Calculate
new payment
http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9632-18226&moid=7581