Sloppy Shifter question.

On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:26:27 -0700 (PDT), Neptuno
<neptunonc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I return to my car to pick up the kids from camp and found the shifter really sloppy to the point that what engaged 1st seem to me the position of 3rd. Reverse seem exagerated onto the left and pushing down and up to the left seem unessesary. Much of a limp noodle feel to all of this. All gears are engaging, has this happend to anyone before? and how did you correct it.

If you haven't done it lately, buy a bushing kit, get out the Bentley,
and rebuild/readjust the whole shifter mechanism.  Sounds like it
could be the piece that mounts on the splined end of the shift rod
getting loose and now leaning too far towards the passenger side.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9