My newest Scirocco

Well, I got to the Scirocco at Al's house on Saturday afternoon, with my
Bentley and tool roll (including pink zip ties and my good-luck-Greg-duck
keychain), and wearing my 2007 Cincy shirt.  But, after some serious panic
time in the driveway, I decided I had better not attempt another project.
The car is basically in great shape, and will make someone a GREAT daily
driver.  I came to the realization that I am not ready to try and drive a 23
year old car that I don't know yet the 10 hours home (a breakdown with my
still-limited skills scared the fire out of me).

Sooooo... it was not a wasted trip.  I was on vacay anyway.  I had a good
time at AthFest in Athens, GA Friday nite, with some Mojitos at the
Manhattan bar (don't think too much, it's a TOTAL dive).  My friend and I
had a fun drive to Kingsland on the FL border and then back to Charleston,
SC.  We hooked up with Dave and family for a few hours.  Awoke this morning
and went to Sunday Brunch, as only southerners can do it.  We went to High
Cotten and ate the most expensive breakfast I have ever had (2 adults with
tip=$42, but I did drive a Pimm's #1 Cup; Can you believe they ask you, at
breakfast if you wish to enjoy a cocktail?)  I would recommend this
restaurant to anyone spending time in Charleston :)

Rented a car for the trip home.  DO NOT buy a Mazda 5.  Thought it was SUPER
cute.  About 2 hours into the ride, my butt went numb from the crapass seat.
  The car is squirrelly, especially in the rain, and can't seem to drive a
straight line (not from bad alignment, just sorta drifty and loose).  Really
made me want to be behind the wheel of a Scirocco... soon, soon.

Lexan