Gotta love a guy with a nice tight ass

Yeah, well, Klaus had a few issues in his asss end that were making me
nuts, for one, when driven on my "Fastener torque test track" ( okay, the
gravel road in front of my house) he had this annoying rattle that was
making me nuts, and i was sure that it was the hatch coverr moving around
though I'd relined the parts that sits on with some nice foam gasket), and
the other issue...his ass end leaks. He's an elderly guy, but it's still
embarrassing...(not to mention that anything in the hatch gets soaked when
it rains. I'd assumed a bad hatch seal and had explored that last summer to
no avail.

Anyway, all this stuff was cured by painting my bumpers. I got so sick of
the ratty multi-slate vintage plastic look on my MkI Euros. They may be
rare, but they looked nasty. Anyway, while they were off I got looking at
the taillights. Which I could see air around from the inside. This MIGHT be
the leak eh? On inspection, I found that all of the fastening nuts except
two were loose-beyond-finger-tight, like , spinning freely. The other two
were absent entirely. So I got the sorted out, and noticed that a screw was
sitting on the little indent by the hatch-latch. Yeah, from the latch. So
that shoud cure the rattle, it was the entire hatch most likely. The
licence plate backing plastic had also freed itself of some of it
fasteners. SO back to the lights, there were these unconnected connectors,
with nothing to hook up to, I was trying to figure out what the hell they
were, till I went to harvest a light bulb from the parts car. And what do I
see? Yep, a nice side hatch cover that Klaus was missing WITH A LIGHT!!! So
I'll get that installed, light in the trunk would be nice!!! So I'm hoping
for a dry, rattle free ride...we'll see. And the bumpers lok fantastic.
Makes it look like a whole new car, well, except for the Christmas thing I
have going on with the hood. And Behle and Greg will be pleased to know
that the red bumper stripe is back. That car needs all the visibility it
can get at night.
Cathy