OT: Fallen Fire Fighters

I have been holding back on posting even though Chris has brought the topic
up a couple of times. As some of you know I live in Charleston and have had
a hard time dealing with the recent loss to nine of our city's bravest. At
first I didn't realize this was getting the national attention that it was.
Today our city will mourn and say good bye to those that bravely fought when
most would stand and watch in fear.

On Tuesday I sat waiting for the names to be released as I have several
friends and many aquantinces that are fire fighters. One in particular that
I was especially worried about.  Fortunately, Glenn was not on the list, but
I did know a couple of them and one in particular. Capt. Benke. His daughter
(Taylor) played soccer for the team of young girls that I coach. Its hard
knowing that this little girls dad wouldn't be there for her. My hope and
prayer is that someone worthy of the position will step in when the time is
right. I filled one of those positions seven years ago myself after my wife
lost her husband almost ten years ago.

I know that there are donations for the famiies being sent in from acroos
the country. It is a worthy thing to do.  For those that are thinking about
making a donation, if you would like to make an impact to someone with a
little more of a personal connection, I have the contact information for the
party in control of the Benke Family Fund. If anyone is interested in
directly supporting, let me know off list ans I will get the information to
you.

Dave

--
David L. Winchell, II