New Ride...

Nice color, and it's always good to see female riders!

I was just reading some pretty good advice posted by kuklaki on VWVortex:

The following reply was posted by kuklaki:

Ok, so you want a good first bike?  Keep in mind, a first bike doesnt have
to be your only bike.  You'll most likely upgrade.  No problem there since
many used good beginners bikes re-sell quickly for close to, if not equal to
what you pay for them since they are in high demand.

So which bike is right for you? This topic comes up a lot.  Most experienced
riders will tell you to start off on the obvious choices:  Ninja 250 or 500,
Suzuki GS500 or SV650...there are some more, but a good search will list
them out.

There is valid reason why these bikes are recommended over and over.  It's
not to say beginners cant handle something more powerful, but rather, it's
easier to master riding skills on something more forgiving than an in-line
race ready bike.  There will be plenty of time for you to upgrade to the
bike you dream of once you hone those riding skills.  The point is to stay
in one piece so you can enjoy that day.  Some have started with something
more powerful and have done fine, but there are many more who get themselves
in trouble by starting off on too much bike.

Take the MSF, then buy used, buy small.

FWIW, I started on an SV650.  I still own it, and it is so much fun I dont
really plan on getting anything else.  It pretty much does everything I need
it to do.

Not intended at you at all, just showing how fun and popular the SV is, and
definitely worth crossposting.

Peter