OT: When flywheels explode

The one I saw was even worse, the guy was near the end of the quarter mile,
so he'd have been doing about 100+ mph. His hood latch did NOT hold, which
sent the hood up onto his windshield, breaking that, and also putting
enough force on the roof to drop his glass sunroof into his lap. He was
lucky enough that he kept it straight till it was stopped, but there was
NOTHING useful left in that engine bay, he's likely lucky he didn't have
severed brake lines, now that I think of it. All the wiring was chopped up,
fluids all over, it was a real mess. That one was a Talon, an 11 second
car. Pretty car too. One of the ugliest things I've seen in all the years
I've raced brackets.
cathy