b pillar vinyl removal

It gets rather stiff and brittle when it's this old.  I heated with a
heat gun or hair dryer (don't remember which at this point) and then
scraped with a plastic putty knife.  Some of the tougher parts I
think I used a flat bladed razor, but carefully of course.  The thing
that surprised me was how much of the vinyl was under the rubber
window molding.  Years after scraping it off, I would still get
pieces of it wandering out and sticking up from under the window
molding.
Removing this was nasty business.  I probably used a variety of
chemicals hoping to loosen it, I don't think any of them worked very
well - especially considering I was trying hard not to have them run
down the paint on the side of the car.

The part on the door I think I left alone.  I masked it all off then
repainted a flat black (so it was consistent), after the paint dried,
I misted it with overspray to give it some of the vinyl like texture
back.

==Brett