So if you were going to add some extra gauges.....

Volts show charging capability and the ameter shows direction AND level. Use both in determing the charging system health.
Vacumn shows where your sweet point is in accellation/idle as well as pointing out possible vac leaks.
Oil Temp & pressure, well basic oil system health.