OT: Vista and my printer

Hi Cathy,

  try this site:

  http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_1019285789_0_en,00.html

  It lists the 1200 series and a vista driver for it. Hope it helps!

  -=Mark
  '80 Scirocco
  '81 Rabbit Sportruck
  '00 Dasher Estate

C Boyko <roccit_53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Yeah, hi, my name is Cathy. I live in technology hell. Yeah, so I got
myself a new laptop (which, BTW, will send my finances into a big tailspin,
but I digress), because my USB port is just not working on my other one
ands it's ancient anyway. Which means I cannot print. And that's a real
issue for a teacher.
So, here I am on my new one and I'm one of the lucky ground zero Vista
users. So I installed my printer driver, which I'm sure isn't Vista
friendly. And my printer semi-communicates. As does WP12. So I have to
remove WP 12 now (it types but refuses to save). So that leaves me with a
trial version of Word, which I have used half of my trials on trying to get
the printer to work.
Like all things electronic in my life the printer is pretty much a piece of
shit anyway, but I'd like to know where's a safe place to DL an update. All
the google matches tell me they'll DL something that looks iffy, it offers
to "analyse my computer's needs", sounds mal to me. "just open the door".
This is a Lexmark 1200 if that's any help. I'm wasting SO much time here,
but I'd just as soon keep the Vista, since sooner or later I'll be faced
with it at work anyway, may as well learn it. I just want to print a
fucking document or two. That should not be too much to ask. I'm just so
much not wanting to play here, I just want it to work. Intuitive is not a
word that applies so far.....
cathy