scirocco.airventure.org?

Hey there, since I've been away I figured I should burn some
bandwidth...Anyway, I just got back from another adventure in Klaus, a trip
to Wilmington and back by way of Osh Kosh, Wisconsin. Those who fly know
exactly what this was about, those who don't are thinking of kid's jeans,
or brats and cheese curds. Anyway, just google Airventure and it should
tell the tale. It's like an incredibly huge Cincy (like, really really
huge...) for light aircraft, sponsored by the Experimental Aircraft
Association.
So I drove to Daun's, got incredible fuel mileage, like 36 on the US
gallon, and had a great trip down. We then packed a weeks worth of camping
gear into his Cessna 172 and headed North, staying over at Ellen and
Tonee's. We managed to fit in a CVO cruise night even, and I must say
Ellen's Corrado was the sexiest car there (mucho MkIV content...)...then we
headed out the next morning to Osh Kosh, meeting up with Daun's dad (in his
Bonanza) and Brad enroute so we could fly in together. Everything about
that event is just SO enjoyable, but I'll stick to .org content. Here's who
else we met/talked to: Jim Jarrett...he spent the day with us and let us
pile our groceries into his Golf; Kim of Teddy Bear wheels fame....we ran
into her a few times and spent an afternoon chilling and watching the
airshow (we were parked right on the flightline, and a high winged plane is
a popular spot in the mid day sun)...Mark Langford...who was there with his
beloved Corvair powered KR..that thing is SO tiny...film got killed on
that...and phone conversations with Chris Bennett and Julie...it felt for
all the world like a Scirocco GTG except for the non-stop air traffic
overhead. I couldn't get over how many .orgers I chatted with this year!
The only Rocco sightings were in Wilmington though. Thanks again to Daun
for inviting me along, and to my faithful Klausie for getting me there and
back without issues, he's my good boy, especially considering what a mish
mash that build is! I'm racking up the miles on MS I tell you, and on a
long haul like that, it's great to have the extra feedback about what's
going on. Like how hot my intake air got in the Customs lineup for example,
no wonder cars have issues in stop and go traffic. He just kept his cool
courtesy of that big Passat rad...anyway, now I'm back home, and life will
return to normal...whatever that is...
Hey, did anyone go to Waterfest? I had to choose, and it really wasn't a
tough decision :)
Cathy