From: Allyn [mailto:amalventano1@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 4:13 PM
To: 'Spewey'; scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [OT] 1990 Jetta - Bushing, front engine subframe
replacement

Spewey,

I think you're thinking the wrong subframe.  Those bushings are for the
front subframe, which only holds the front engine mount, and
nothing else.

I do agree with your 'elsewhere' comment though, its very unlikely those
bushings are actually bad.  The pair of subframes here are
on the older side and none of the bushings appear cracked, hardened, or
otherwise in need of replacement.

Al