Which to buy if either

> O.K..........so I need to buy some suspension parts of these two which would recommend or not.
>
> MONROE SENSATRAC  $119.00 ($39.00 shipping ouch)
>
> KYP GR-2  $139.99 ($25.00 shipping)
>
> I use it as a daily driver.........Found these 2 on eBay for a half descent prince.  I feel confident that I can handle the rear............but the fronts????  I don't know.

   working at an imports parts store for a couple of years i just
eventually grew to associate kyb's with the honda crowd. i've heard
mixed results from vw people, though. i prefer boge turbos. there is
some lean there but i really like the ride. i've heard good things about
the monroe's also, but, there again, i fallaciously associate them with
american cars. go figure.
   rear shock are easy to replace. the springs really aren't under that
much pressure and you can easily have someone press down on top to
compress them. the fronts are not terrible, though you will need a
spring compressor. i bought my at autozone a few years back for $20 and
they've done paid themselves off. easiest way to work front struts is to
loosen (not remove!) everything while it's on the car (the weight of the
front end will help you). i pop off the tie rod, ball joint, and caliper
without removing the strut from the hub (in the event you aren't able to
get an alignment soon). spray the large nut holding the strut in the
tube with penetrating fluid and give it ample time to penetrate. use the
spring compressors on the spring. if the top nut turns on the mount you
can use vice grips on the shaft of the strut if you're not saving them
for some reason or another. pull the mounting off and then the spring
(leave the compressors on!) and take some heat to that nut on the
tubing. i typically use two large plumbers wrenches to break it look and
have been know to carefully cut into that nut to relieve pressure. after
you get the strut out, clean everything and i put a thin layer of axle
grease on the new strut before putting it back in. installation is the
reverse of removal. good luck.