OT: New(er) car update

Well, due to the fact that I have no credit cards (or bills really, for that
matter) and I get paid via 1099, and I haven't worked for my present
employer for over 2 years, I can't get the GTI :(  Guess since I don't
really owe anyone any money it makes me some kind of flight risk, I don't
know?  All that shit about Beacon scores and good credit really doesn't
matter if you aren't already a slave to "the man".

So...  The Mitsubishi is still on its path to car heaven.  The guys at the
VW place found me a 2004 Toyota Matrix XR.  I had actually considered one of
these before.  Great gas mileage, plenty of cargo space, easy loading of
kayaks.  So, hopefully Monday this will be the one (for no more than a year,
then I AM getting a hatchback VW).

They had to fix the cruise control and alignment, so I am sporitng a 2006
Jetta 5-speed for the weekend (they already have a buyer for the GTI).  I
HATE THE JETTA!!!  The steering column hits my knees, the car is noisy, the
seats are uncomfortable.  It makes me sad (compared to the GTI).

Lexan

FYI:  I was getting over 31 MPG in the GTI.