From: Neptuno <neptunonc@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Scirocco-L <scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 10:37:06 AM
Subject: What is the deal with Audi 5000 Turbo manifolds?

  Hello list.....I was looking at response either here or at vortex. I think the response was to a question about what type of manifolds can be used to place a turbo on an 8v engine.

  What I know about this manifold is that the Audi 5 is a 5cylinder and that one of the runners is cut off and either welded or made into a provision for a waste gate (this is where I am not clear). How is this done? What does it look like?

  Can someone tell us more about this application/modification? Provide pictures or written accounts of such, and reliability of this modification?

  Thank you,
  El Tony