Newbie but not so new

--- Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Nice car.  Never seen the badging TS, what does it
> represent?

'Twas a trim range in Europe.  We just got the "Scirocco"
but they got things like the TS, GLS, GLI etc.

 I am guessing
> the diesel was a swap but do not know jack about the euro
> VW models.

Diesel?  That's a 1.1 gas engine with a carb.  The 1.1 was
canted forward in order to maintain the weight distribution
balance as it was lighter than the 1.6 etc.

  60
> Sciroccos, I believe that is a record.

I'm on #40 or so.  :)

BTW, welcome back John!

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172