When good turbos go bad...

Very interesting Drew...many people shy away from the VNTs on mechanical
diesels because of the lack of computer control and their inability to
figure out a way to reliably control the VNT in a mechanical way.  Quite a
few people would be interested in your method if you could do a write up
with some pics, I'd be glad to pass it around (m-TDI is becoming quite
popular lately).

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (m-TDI swap project)
1990 Fox Wagon 1.6 Heron Head 8v
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)