need help with a diagnosis

--- Jean-Claude D?sinor <desinor@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   The seatbelt light is a bit puzzling, but I vote for my
> favourite
> culprit: the infamous "Oil Pressure Warning System
> Control Unit".
>   It is a little "L" shaped printed circuit that sits
> inside the
> instrument pod, behind the speedometer.

All well & good but he's driving an Mk 1 which doesn't have
this same little device.

I'm voting for a couple things:

-Bad grounds.
-Too thin of oil.  Minimum in these temps is 10w40,
preferably 20w50.

Sorry if this is covered in a later post, trying to catch
up on e-mail....

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/