SOT: amplifier brands?

Hey, folks - I'm just putting the finishing touches on my project, and I now
need to buy an amplifier. Needs to support four channels. Bass will be taken
care of by an Infinity Basslink.

The wierd thing is that it seems like all the brands that used to be good back
when I was really into stereos now suck - Autotek, Soundstream, etc. - that's
at least by judging their prices on Ebay.  Fosgate's were great too, but I seem
to remember them having some problems starting fires??  Conversely, they still
seem to be in the mainstream. Alpine still seems to be doing well too.

Of course, I'm not trying to win an ICE contest, just trying to get a decent
sound when I crank up the volume.   :)

Also, it would seem cheaper and more effective to just get two 2-channel amps.
Any drawbacks to this on than the draw?

Any input is appreciated.

Thx, JT