coilover/ brake conversion

On 10:53 am 01/28/07 <sukchew@suddenlink.net> wrote:
>  Now that Rose is dissembled on the underside with Brakes, steering
> and suspension laying on the floor I am considering installing H&R
> coilovers.Has anyone had experience with them.I would like some input
> before I make the purchase.The ad doesn't mention adjustment so I guess
> the ride height is fixed.   Comments or concerns are welcome.Some
> times the rear tires will lightly rub on the rear springs since I went
> with the 205s.So the rear coil diameter is a concern.I can live with
> what I have now but no more. ole blue

Well, I have 195s on the headache, with those coilovers. I like them a lot,
but they're likely overkill for me, since I don't autocross etc. But there
was a clearance issue with my son's rims (on the front), which fit with the
stock suspension. I'm assuming that was an offset problem as much as
anything, and my rims fit fine. The coil diameter is smaller than stock, so
it's really the housing/spring perch that causes the issue. They will
adjust ride height by quite a lot, and it allows you to get the car
levelled out nicely. They have a firm firm ride to them, and that isn't
adjustable. Instalation is super easy, yopu don't even need a spring
compressor.
Cathy, live from the (pretty cold) Wind Tunnel
I love my garage :)