G60 Valve Cover now rotorcharger

> Peter Knows his stuff when it comes to the lysholm and CIS

Yeah, Peter certainly does know CIS well. I'm still wondering *why* anyone would want to go to the trouble he has with CIS, but everyone has to have a hobby, I suppose! :-P (I've been giving him a hard time about that for years)

I absolutely LOVE the Rotorcharged setup. The car is insane. I've got a ton of other work done to my engine, so don't think that the supercharger alone will give you 235whp on an 8v. But still, a 50% power increase (140whp+) shouldn't be too hard at all on an otherwise stock 8:1 8v if you do it right. And the torque is awesome. You could build a turbo kit that makes more power for less money, but the Lysholm produces much more *usable* power than any turbo 8v setup I've driven. Even those that had significantly more power at peak.

It isn't a "bolt on" though. The physical compressor comes supplied with everything to bolt it on, but Peter doesn't supply intake/intercooler plumbing or engine management, so you're on your own there. There's also a few other bits you'll need to source like an alternator from an ABA. If you want power steering, you also have to get all the brackets and pump from an ABA, too. And there's simply no way to run A/C at all. You also need to put a small notch in the hood reinforcement to clear the charger on a Scirocco, since it was originally designed on a Rabbit.

He was talking about making a air/water kit based upon my setup, but I don't know where that project is currently. Last I heard he was nearing completion of the setup on his own car. My setup isn't the cheapest, but if I may say so, it is a very elegant, compact, efficient, and easy-to-fit design for any A1. With the exception of the Mk2 Scirocco that has extra room in the nose, A1's just aren't designed to accomodate a good air/air intercooler and plumbing.

If you're going to keep boost low (or if you are masochistic like Peter), he can give you advice for modifying CIS. I would absolutely recommend converting to either Digifant 1 (Corrado G60) with a chip from SNS Tuning like I have, or go with another standalone like Megasquirt, SDS, etc. Can't beat EFI when it comes to frankenstein engines with forced induction.

Not sure what Peter's current price is on the kits, but he'll tell you if you ask. It isn't cheap though...

Feel free to ask questions on the rotorcharged.com forums. Peter is really cool, and gets back quickly.

The car is now semi-retired from racing, but I love it too much to give
up, so it'll probably be turned into a street/track-day car...possibly
contemplating a new shell due to the fender flares. Unfortunately you just can't get 225/45-13 street tires!

Neal