Buyer Beware: Close but no Turbo

Just a head's up if anyone here is trying to cut a deal with someone
named Aaron in San Diego... he's a vortexer that's selling a
rotomaster turbo.

Be careful.  He didn't do anything wrong exactly but the bells and
whistles were going.

I had it all setup to buy for the Callaway, and he wanted me to send
him money directly, said he didn't have paypal or anything like that.
I had a buddy of mine in SD that's there being seen for seizures.
(Closest Naval Hospital)  He actually had one while he was driving and
totaled his car recently so I asked this guy Aaron if he would take it
to my buddy and he would give him the cash.  As soon as he found out I
was sending money to friend to buy this he started acting very
suspicious.  He said he would prefer to be paid directly and not
involve a 3rd party.  I told him that I had served for three years in
Italy with the person I was sending money to and I trusted him
explicitly.

So he stalled Friday.  Saturday I have my friend sitting around all
day waiting for him and he turned his cell phone off.  So at that
point I had pretty much written the damn thing off.

This morning he calls me at 8:30 in the morning and said he wanted to
do it asap.  I said ok then he asked me what DAY it was... he claimed
to had passed out drinking Friday and woke up this morning thinking it
was Saturday.

Now I can't get a hold of my friend who I had sent money to.  Finally
I get a hold of him about noon.  He was on his way home from the
hospital he had ANOTHER seizure.

I called Aaron (the guy with the Turbo) back and I was about to tell
him to go ahead and sell it to whoever, because my buddy wasn't up to
it--but before I could say anything he backed out of it saying that
there was alot of people on vortex that had "outbid" me.

In talking to him over the last couple of days he said he's two months
behind on his house payment and is looking to make a quick buck.

As I said... he hasn't done anything wrong per say, he's just got some
shady business practices.

Be careful.
Chris