[OT] Shopping for a new ride, opinions?

Cathy wrote:
> My daughter's really into the Whitehorse delivery plan

Smartass Northam responded:
> Is that like drug smuggling?

Cathy explained:
> Nope, not at all. Looks like I can get it delivered there
> and have it registered in Ontario. For a fee, of course.

Cathy is referring to my idea of picking up a brand new car from a VW
dealership as far away in your country as you can and make a trip/vacation
out of it. In her case she would pick it up in Whitehorse, Yukon Territory
(which makes Wilmington, Ohio look big). Another option for those from
Canadia is St. Johns, Newfoundland delivery.

This concept is in reaction to VW not having a European Delivery program
like Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Volvo, SAAB, Audi (new!) and Ferrari have
setup. See: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_delivery>. As many of you
know I bought a new C-class Mercedes through the European Delivery program
back in 2002.

If VW ever sells a diesel 2 door Rabbit I just may have to buy one at VW of
Anchorage, Alaska and bring it back to Philly. Or if VW sets up a European
Delivery program I'll do European Delivery and get the car delivered to VW
of Anchorage 8+ weeks later where I'll take a second vacation to bring it
back!

-Marc, sipping on a 750ml of Fin du Monde

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
'83 VW Scirocco California Edition
'84 VW Rabbit GTI Pickup Truck