[OT] Shopping for a new ride, opinions?

We have a Protege 5 and it's been fine, no issues. I liked it better than
the 3 that replaces it, and it wasn't that expensive brand new. Mind you,
if it were mine, it wouldn't still be so stock, but OTOH, I'd rather drive
it than the daughter's Focus. I prefer the Bug to the whole lot though, but
the Protege carrys a ton of stuff. None of them scorch up the quarter mile.

Cathy