From: Rave Racer 77 [mailto:raveracer77@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 2:06 AM
To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Personal issues starting to get resolved

    Well as some of you may know after I was married last summer in Canada
to my girl friend of 8 years, my wife and I were separated at the border the

day after our wedding.  Seven months later, a ton of expense, overwhelming
frustration, MANY tears on both sides of the border, way to much Rum, and a
really rough Christmas, she'll be coming down here to our Matrimonial home
for the first time on Friday.  Some strings were pulled by some family
members who have freinds in Politics who managed to remove the red flag on
her passport.  I have never really had many nice things to say about
Politicians in the past but they did what they could to help and though she
still has to go back for the final interview and our costs were still
astronomically the same, I'm greatful.  The moral of this story is .....
well there really isn't one.  I researched what I could and was mislead by
someone who misrepresented themselves as knowledgable in immigration
matters, employees of the USCIS no less (Formerly INS).  I can't count on
two hands how many people I've brought to tears with our story, and the
other half with my angry outbursts.  On the bright side when people around
me started whining about some annoyingly small problem I'd ask them if it
would be better if their wife was allowed in the country and no one dared
contradict the ultimate in valid points.  It's not over but this is a major
step forward to her being able to finally get on with her career and our
lives together.  Unfortunately I think this may also put a damper on my
wrenching.  I think I'll also be forced to clean up the miniature junk yard
I've started in the back yard.  A small price to pay after what we've been
through.  I might be gone from the list for a while, but I'll still be
around.  I might also have just sourced the ultimate in 16V parts and I'll
only need one or two peices so I'll be back to spread the fortune.  I just
have a few things I'll be taking care of on the home front.  Insert innuendo

of choice here.

      Rave Racer
'81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L 8V Digifant 2
'89 Jetta 1.8L 16V GTX