New R32 vs. A3 S-line

In a word, 'longevity'.  The first dozen DSG-related repairs were to replace the electro-hydraulic 'brain' of the tranny itself, IIRC 2500.00 each.  Most of these cars only had  10K or less on them.

The technology -is- impressive, but as technology marches on, longevity appears to diminish...

My .02

David