OT: A little bedtime story from me

On 6:40 pm 02/25/07 Tonee Northam <pb3vr6@yahoo.com> wrote:

> After mine was ripped of leaving the MKE parking lot I didn't replace
> it. I figure if Ellen's corrado never came with one and it's still
> going after 177k, then I don't need one.
>
> C Boyko  wrote:  . So I have this cool 1/4" aluminum skid plate on
> it, to replace the pathetic plastic belly pan, and I've been driving
> over all
>
> cathy

Well, mine has an aluminum oil pan, and on TDIs they're really low, and
reputedly they're brittle enough to fail catastrophically when hit by road
debris. Plus, the side part of the belly pan assembly is called the "side
timing belt cover". Yeah, I'd like to have that covered. So skid plate it
is. Not to mention the general nastiness when salt eats away at your
motor's bits. We'll see where I get to with that today.
Cathy