I'm an idiot - or - are mk2 windshields available?

This is the 2nd most boneheaded thing I've done to my car.  The first
was getting it stuck in that stream june 2005.
Last week we had some snow 'round here near DC.  As we all know that
makes the roads slushie and you get that disgusting road spray.
The passenger side wiper-fluid squirter seems to have given up the
ghost.  I discovered this while trying to clean the windshield.
I grabbed a chunk of snow in a parkinglot and ran it all over my
windshield, the nice melty-action took lots of road grime off and I
could see.
There must have been some particularly hard crap in that snow, cause i
seem to have permanantly scratched my windshield with a lovely
curlie-que pattern all over the passenger side.  It's particularly
distracting!  (And what gives, I thought glass was a very hard
material and difficult to scratch?)
Coupple this with 23 years of road snadblasting, the windshield was
pretty well frosted, tricky to see out of when driving into the sun.

So - I don't imagine they're available NOS anymore, and I haven't had
the chance to call local auto-glass places...
Anyone got any stories or tips (Yeah, I know - keep the ice/snow away
from the windshield)

TIA.

GP
--
"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"