Prep for Painting

On 2/13/07, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net> wrote:

> OK, this is confusing to me.
> Worldimpex invoices by the SKU number instead of the VW number, but it
> looks like the twin jet nozzle was the early Scirocco part 533 955 985 and
> it's pictured as a twin jet on their site.
> All I know is my 84 came with single jet nozzles and I thought it was a
> nice upgrade to find the twin jet ones.
> $5.20 ea.

Not confusing there - that's the same boat I was in, I upgraded my 84's
single jet nozzles (p/n 533 955 985) to the later twin jet nozzles, (p/n 533
955 985 A) which were on A2 Golfs and Jettas through to 88 M/Y.

Also of interest is the later Scirocco (88) is the A2 pn 191 955 985A.
> Whether that means it'll fit in the early hoods is unclear.

And I'm now more sure than I was the last time, the 88+ 191 955 985 A (and
986 A for heated) parts don't fit in the early Scirocco hoods.  Now, Etka
says that from 88 on, Sciroccos had the 191 955 985 A sprayers.  But it
doesn't differentiate the hood p/n, which isn't surprising.  Anybody with an
88 or higher want to check the p/n on their washer nozzles? :)

So for an 85+ Scirocco, no twin jet upgrade is required, as it already has
the factory twin jets, but our 84's had the single jet.

I want the later style A3 95+) nozzles for my Scirocco, the spray pattern is
amazing at all speeds.

Is it June yet?

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd