BBS RM's and Schmidt or Kodiak lips experiences?

Looking to buy these 2.5in Schmidt lips for my wheels. Has anyone taken the
RM's apart and replaced the lips? I was also thinking of having the barrels
media blasted and either polished or powder coated silver again. They have a
12 point bolts on them and was going to get some aftermarket polished ones.
Someone also referenced a fiberglass socket for the bolts. I was thinking of
a regular 10mm 12 point socket should do the trick.

Anyone done this share the knowledge. I don't want to drop $700 on these
lips and find out it isn't worth the trouble. Also another $130 just in
polished bolts.

Lemme know.