trans number

4K is a good close ratio tranny as already mentioned, I have one on my 8V
and another custom built tranny with the similar gearing on my 16V. The
only problem with it is its road manners, it'll be revving pretty high at
highway speeds, which is why many people opt to swap out fifth. And the
numbers are date of birth, also as mentioned before. Is your car an 84 or
85 then?
Cathy