Turbo Scirocco

I found two kits.  One was at the ATP website and the other was at a weird and random Chinese site.  You can find it HERE.  Thanks for all your help.  I am going to go check out the book.
Josh~

Dan Bubb <jdbubb@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Unfortunately, there is no turbo kit for the Scirocco.
The turbo manifold for the Corrado will bolt to the Scirocco engine, but that doesn't mean it'll necessarily work on the Scirocco.
Where did you find the Corrado turbo kit??

You can buy a manifold and turbo from:
www.vwturbo.com
or
www.pagparts.com
and I'm sure a few other places (skip EIP if they're still in business!).
Note, that these manifolds are for the T3 turbine housing. This allows a broad range of turbos from a T3 40 trim to a T3/T04E 60 trim which should cover just about anybody's needs, but doesn't allow the new Garrett GT series.

The turbo downpipe and intercooler piping will need to be custom made.
The intercooler will either need to be custom or you can modify (mounting brackets and probably the inlet and outlet stubs) something like a Ford Probe or Starion intercooler.

And lastly don't forget that neither the CIS or the stock ignition adapt well to boost.
You can use CIS off of a car that originally came with a turbo such as Volvo or Saab and that will get you decent fueling and you can use an MSD ignition box that can be set to retard timing under boost.
Everybody say it together now!!!
You can install Megasquirt or other aftermarket engine management system that will allow you to set fuel and timing appropriate for a boosted engine.
I'll only say that Megasquirt isn't a walk in the park unless you really understand how an engine operates and what air/fuel ratios and ignition timing it needs for various operating conditions.

You might start by reading Maximum Boost by Corky Bell

HTH
Dan