Turbo Scirocco

I am not sure about the unreliable, but indeed expensive!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "John S. Lagnese" <jlagnese@xxxxxxxxxx>; <scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 10:22 AM
Subject: Re: Turbo Scirocco

Yes, they are and apparently the G60 supercharger is both unreliable and
expensive from what I hear.
So, companies do make turbo conversion kits for the Corrado so you can still
haul around its mass tonnage with a 1.8L 8V.

BTW, drove my Audi A4 1.8T yesterday with the wastegate stuck open. With no
boost that car is slower than Dan Snow's diesel Scirocco.
And 5 times harder to work on!