ok, fact or fiction..

On 8/22/07, Matt <mattmusky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hey guys, im in a bit of a bind here i gues, i got my 88 16v on the lift, and im installing new rear brakes..k, i broke the bleeder off the caliper, and then removed the caliper to work on it in a vice. i had no way of stopping the brake fluid from running out. the problem is i have heard that if the master goes empty in these cars, they are automacticly bad? whats up with that?> its not COMPLETLY EMPTY, but reall close, have i done any damage to it? i havent pumped the brakes scince ive had it open.... Please say no, please say no..

Jam something in the brake pedal so that it is partially depressed.
This will close the ports in the master cylinder and prevent any fluid
from leaking by.  A trick passed on to me by a good friend and wise VW
mechanic - sounds weird, but it works, and is the shiznit for any
brake line or caliper/cylinder work.

Drew

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd