decals put on at the dealer?(84 scirocco content)

when i bought my 84 from Rocco_Phil,he gave me the name of the guy he bought
it from,i got ahold of him,we talked for awhile,i dont remember if he said
he was the one who removed it,but it had a decal that ran along the upper
part of the car(like above the door rub strips(ill try getting a better
picture) that said python?he said when he first bought the car it had that
decal on it.
ive never heard of it before,so is it some weird dealer optioned thing?
heres a link to a pic i took where you can just barely make out where that
decal used to be:
you can barely make it out,but its visible on the back rear quarter
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/Sciroccoman/84%20scirocco%208v/?action=view&current=IMG_0337.jpg
and heres a somewhat better picture:
http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/Sciroccoman/?action=view&current=P6240077.jpg