mount progress

Thank you sir.

Well first drive with it in place was not perfect.  It was a little too bouncy.

This is the prototype so improvements will be made.  I intend to cut
clear tubing to cover the metal brackets so they are soft on the
laptop--I have rubber feet now but the can't be seen very well.  Also
one corner is a little too close to the dash for my comfort so may
reverse that offset on the plexiglass and at the very least cover the
edges if not shave them off.

To combat the bounce I am going to make a collapsable "leg" to prop
under it for the longer drives.  I had to cement the joints on the arm
but I drilled holes in the base for a quick remove cotter pin setup.

Additionally I opted to mount the base on the top of the shelf itself.
 Another reason to take some of the weight off.

I used half inch pvc so that I could run the power cable through it.
Of course the whole thing will get painted and I am looking for some
larger version of that corrogated cable shield like you see on amp
wires sometimes to cover the joints on the arm.

--
80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red
87 Scirocco 16v Tornado Red