New Signature

On 8/1/07, Mike Smith <smithma7@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Red, eh?
>
> Engine? Inquiring minds blah blah... details man!
>

> --
> Mike
> '86 Tred 16v: Red 5
> '05 Iblue GTI 1.8T: Bib
> "The world is my oyster soup kitchen floor wax museum." - King Crimson

Yeah, Red.  I thought they stopped making that color, yeah right...

details for the moment, no new pictures just yet, maybe later tonight.

It is a 1.8T with the Tiptronic transmission. Anyone hae experience with
these? It is pertty fun to drive.  I was dissappointed at first with the
thoughts of an automatic, but damn they have come a long way with that
tranny. The best part is that the turbo spools very quickly and drops little
if any during shift changes. The bump shifting is decent when in manual
mode, but I miss the clutch.  My left leg gets bored.

We picked it up with 11,822 miles on the clock. Got a decent deal and best
of all dropped the payment lower than the Mini that we traded in on it by a
significant amount.

I'll post more later with pictures.

Dave

--