8v stroker question

On Apr 30, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Cory Langford wrote:

> The TDI crank can go into a 1.8 block if you clearance the block,
> the crank and the oil pump shaft. I used to have pictures of how I
> clearanced the 1.8 quite a while ago. If you need them, let me know
> and I will see what I can dig up.

cory, i'd appreciate any pics you might dig up.  as for the diff
between the pistons and the bore, realize that i made some quick
measurements with my calipers, so i may be off on one or the other.
the rings may make up for the diff in piston and bore size.  i don't
know what tolerance this block would have buit to.   i have just the
bare block with crank installed and pistons with connecting rods
(136mm i think), so i haven't actually tried mating a pully to the
nose of the crankshaft.

marc, i appreciate your feedback!

George Herndon
gherndon@eyeontech.com