8v stroker question

i just came into possession of a 1.8L 8v bored and stroked with an
original 94.5 welded crank circa mid-80s.  it's stamped 94.5 and my
rough calculations show 95.25 stroke, so i trust the stamping.

it has 81.5mm JE forged and dished pistons and is bored to 82mm.

my question is re: the crank nose.  this one has  a short snout and
the keyway is cut at a 45 degree angle and is abruptly short.  is
this normal?  i've searched and read references short snouts and long
snouts, but don't have any good pics to reference.

ngp shows an "old style" and a "new style" eurospec part. can someone
educate me on the diffs?  any old school former supervee racers that
can comment?

http://www.ngpracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
Screen=PROD&Product_Code=EFC105101B955&Category_Code=8vcranks

if this crank can't be used, and assuming clearance is good, can i
use the 95.5 tdi crank instead?

thanks in advance,

George Herndon
gherndon@eyeontech.com