stoopid parts question

Hi List,
    I need (quickly/ soon) a fuel filter for a 1981 Scirocco, typical
location above left front fender.
    I happen to have a brand new spare F/F for my '85 Scirocco 8v, also
mounts in the typical location above left front fender. Bosch part number is
0 405 905 143.
    The '81 is 60 miles away; can't just run out and check it. Locally I
can't get that specific filter without ordering, but that'll take a few
days, and I'm needing this filter in the morning (Sunday).
    So... is the spare filter for my '85 the same p/n as what is used on an
'81? If so I'm covered.
    I've tried running down p/n's at Bosch, Fram, parts4vw, and WorldImpex;
so far I'm not getting the info I need.
    It would be most helpful if someone could use some other source to see
if these two applications use the same fuel filter.

mooch owes garcias, Karl