"Scirocco" Banner poll/ REBOOT

Hi List,
    Due to I found a better price bid, it appears I am now taking over from
Brian the project to have "Scirocco paces the races" banners printed.
    Here is current information and options:

1] There are two styles proposed, please see link:

http://wm26.inbox.com/thumbs/24b_8ea4a_1b9a59e_oP.png.thumb

The upper design is a duplicate of the original banner that Brian acquired.
I refer to this design as "standard". [VW logo is in upper right corner]
    The lower design came from the printshop (on her own initiative), using
a special font for the word 'Scirocco". I refer to this design as "script".
[VW logo is in lower right corner]

2] Prices PER DESIGN ORDER are as follows (quantity/ price per):

      1/$95 ea.
      5/$67 ea.
    10/$59 ea.
    20/$54 ea.

All quoted prices are exclusive of tax and shipping costs.

3] Finish; banners will be printed on vinyl (I'll look at a sample next week
so I'm sure exactly what it is) and have grommets every 2' for hanging.

4] Delivery; I am planning to come to Cincy but not certain (depends on a
certain Mk1 which I will be driving 500 miles tomorrow to pick up. It'll be
the first time we've met..., so probably, hopefully Cincy but maybe not. I
have known Mk1's to be occasionally... obstinate. Mk2's also).
    If I come to Cincy I'll bring all the banners I can carry (depends on
bulk and weight, but I should be able to manage most if not all Cincy
deliveries). If I do not come I will ship a bulk package of banners to
someone who WILL be there, or maybe someone who is coming through here (Fort
Collins, Colorado) can take a package. Either way there will be a savings
over individual shipping.
    Banners shipped individually will cost individually. I'll try to find
out early next week what the weight and size of one banner is, we can work
from there on shipping costs (Brian was guessing about $12 per).

5] Deadline; actually pretty loose. The printshop says they need about a
week to turn the order. So June 1st minus travel time CO to Cincy of two
days, minus one week for printshop production, minus three days for "just in
case"... I get a cut off date of May 19th. At that time I need solid orders
and money in hand.
    Maybe earlier to guarantee banners at Cincy (I have to ship if I can't
carry).

6] Which brings us to payment. I'm thinking money orders, in my hand by May
19th. I don't PayPal.
    I am open to suggestions; this is my first time setting up a group buy.

7] Can you tell my ancestry is German? Not the friendliest or most sociable
people in the world, but we got 'yer "obsessively organized" down, Jawohl!

SO NOW:

    I thought Brian would end up running this, so I have not been tracking
the poll until now (Thurs. afternoon). My apologies to those who responded
earlier.
    Please treat this post as a restart of the poll.

    If you want a banner, I need to know the quantity you want and your
design preference.
    I'm thinking that we can have both designs printed if there is
sufficient interest. Since the quantity discount is so abrupt at 5, if I get
at least 5 orders for a design type I will have that design printed. So the
price to you (regardless of design) is a maximum $67 plus tax and shipping,
and if we are able to get more orders for a given type the price drops
accordingly (with luck we'll get at least 10 orders for each design).

    I will start keeping a log of who, how many, what design.
    At this time I have listed:

me, Karl Krupke, 1 banner, pref script.
Mike Smith, 1 banner, no pref. specified
David Winchell II, 1 banner, no pref. specified
Jim R, 1 banner, pref. script
Cory Langford, 1 or 2 banners, no pref. specified

So that's at least 5 banners, 3 no preference, 2 prefer script.

If you want a banner and your name is not listed above, please e-mail me the
quantity you want and your design preference.
    If your name is on this list and I have incorrect info for you, please
e-mail me.

    I'll update this and post as I can so you'll all know what the numbers
are.

    I got the torch.

Karl