TPS question

OKay, I hooked it up as suggested, and now I understand why you said to do
it that way, so that's a good thing too. Anyway, I didn't get any sort of
indication that it was doing anything, so I swapped those two wires around,
and unlike the first way, the car would actually start, so I'm assuming the
second way is correct. Also, with it the first way, "flood clear" was red
all the time, with it the second way, it was only red with it at WOT, which
I imagine is correct, and an indication that it is reading something. But
in Acceleration wizard, the TPS bins are all greyed out, and the slider
wont slide. And I dont get anything on tonight's datalog (max and min both
zero). Is this because the file isn't set up for TPS, and if so, how do I
tell that it is reading properly? I really want to get this wired in better
before I try to drive anywhere, right now I have  two wires sort of stuffed
into the screw terminals and they're not so happy there for the long term
eh? I got a few more items sorted out too (overflow bottle's in for keeps,
tha sort of stuff), so that's good. Oddly, woith coolant at 10C the car
started well and according to the datalog it was quite a bit richer at idle
than it was before. I should have that throttle cable tomorrow night, we'll
see if I have time to install it, but I still need to change out one rad
hose and bolt down the fuel filter somehow before I consider driving
anywhere.
Anyway, that's the latest. Hope you don't mind my little updates. And LMK
if that TPS sounds like it's in right, and I'll get the whole thing wired
in a bit more securely. I want to also add some physical support for those
wires into the relay panel.
Cathy