Mixture adjustment for performance?

On 10:42 pm 04/23/07 Nate Mellom <doubt@inwave.com> wrote:
> I've finally dialed in my fuel mixture on my '88 16v, but I've read
> that if I richen up the mixture a little (I've heard about 2.5mA
> average), I'll get a little more midrange power.  It seems a little
> weak now, it felt like it had more punch when it was running
> super-rich. Any truth to this?
>
> TIA!
> Nate

I seem to think that mine is doggier when it is way rich, so I dunno. I was
going to try richening it last time I drove it. I remembered the harness, I
remembered the Allen key, but did I bring a multimeter? Next time out I'll
try it though. (I'd always thought of 5.5mA as the target)Heck, we may even
do a test and tune night and just screw with it for more "scientific"
results. But Klaus comes first, and he's still wanting significant
attention. Which he will get.
Cathy