MKII Jetta with a 6 speed tranny???

Hi Sean,

  I wasn't a reader of the magazine at that time, but at one point in life, we had a CJ-5 (Jeep) that had a 3-speed manual ;)

  -=Mark

Sean Whalen <hareless@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hey Mark, I wanna say that way back in the day (still VW & Porsche), they had a 5-spd kit to convert from a 4-spd.  Does that sound familiar?

  On 4/2/07, Mark Bednarz <vwsportruck@yahoo.com> wrote:  Hi David,

  I know there used to be a conversion kit you could buy to turn a 5spd into a 6spd for A1/A2 cars so it's completely possible that this is what is in there. I forget who made it, but I remember seeing it from one of the tuners in European Car - they even had an article about it if I remember correctly (it goes back a few years).

  -=Mark
  '80 Scirocco
  '81 Rabbit Sportruck
  '00 Dasher Estate

David Brown <sharpshooter33@roadrunner.com> wrote:
  Hey I looked at a 87 Jetta GLI today. It looked like it used to be a 16v, but is now an 8v. The owner claimed it was a 6speed. Very rare? It did shift 6, but the car wasn't running so I couldn't really check it out.

Has anyone heard of a 6speed MKII?

Thanks
David