Stumble/miss/hesitate Was: 82 wiring diagram PDF needed...

On 9/30/06, Chuck Blue <sukchew@cox.net> wrote:
> You might want to check your cold start fuel pressure.You might also want to
> check the air flow sensor.Make sure it is centered in the hole and moves
> very freely.
> ole blue

Air flow sensor is fine, but if my next round of parts swapping
tomorrow doesn't fix the problem I'll borrow a friend's fuel pressure
gauge.  I'm going to try swapping out the knock box first, and then
one of the many fuel distributors I have lying around...

Here's another symptom:  at steady city speeds when I accelerate it'll
stumble and surge continuously right to redline, unless the pedal is
floored (the stumble/surge isn't nearly as noticeable, but still
there).  Cruising along at highway speeds it'll stumble/miss quite a
bit, and I have to apply much more throttle than normal to maintain
speed, with fuel milage suffering as a result.

Hopefully I'll figure it out tomorrow...

Later,

Mark.
75
82