82's weight

Like a couple of you mentioned the GVWR of the car is  "2954" and I did find that number on the DS door jam. I also had the tittle from Maryland that read -3700, And we all know that the car does not weigh 3700#. Which is the number the costumer service person was going to use, until I said "that I know is not Correct"

  Then there is the article from January of 82 (Car and Driver) that states that the car weighs 2160# (but Michigan would not accept that).

  Why do you ask it is so important to know the weight? Well, here in MI it is based like this:

            About Your Vehicle Registration
      Vehicle registrations for vehicle models 1983 or older are based on the vehicle?s weight. For model years 1984 and newer, the vehicle registration is based on the manufacturer?s suggested retail (or base) price (ad valorem).

  So If I was getting tagged with paying some tax....that rocco would want to be as skinny as possible. The non-acceptance of the article left me miffed. The attendant looked at an "old" book for weights, that ofcourse was lacking the 82 year models except for pontiacs (wtf???). Then she had to call Lansing to "verify" with them. Lansing said the car weight is 1933# so I left it at that.

  Got personalised license plates, registration, tittle and taxes for $52.00. Just another reason why to have a light nimble car like a Scirocco....Oh and did I mention that while all of this was happening two people behind me was Michael Phelps?

  Cheers,
  El T