Mk1 Glass question

--- Gordy Stedman <ydrogs@gmail.com> wrote:

That 79 sure looks like
> an S edition.  Did
> they just not get badged with the S moniker till 80?

Exactly.  It's an "S" without the "S" badge.  Different
seat cloth (I've seen two different styles on this model)
but otherwise, identical to the '80 S right down to the
striping.

Oh and it looks like it'd cost about $850 to ship it from
Tacoma to Wilmington.  Not that I checked or anything.  :p

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'80 Scirocco                 '81 Scirocco S 16v to be?
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!) '96 Passat GLX Wagon
'56 Cessna 172